With progression in the world of e-learning, home computer are integral essentials of student life. It’s hard to believe, in today’s date, a kid without a home computer. Almost every home has a machine, be it laptop, tablet, or any other relatable devices. But often, parents get the wrong machine for the budding brains at their deck. A little more knowledge on the fact may save you from a faulty choice.
This blog has the word “advice” on the title, so needless to say, you are the right place for comprehending the practical details of choosing a home computer. Read the guidelines before investing dollars.
# Advice 1: Chromebook Is A Great Consideration for Your Little One
Chrome devices, currently, are the first choice for almost every technology geek for its super simple features and excellent support. These are exclusive designs from Google provided with cloud computing facility and allows users to re-utilize preexisting mouse, keyboard and monitor. Typically, a Chromebook comes with high longevity and runs efficiently for more years compared to other devices. Listed are some flairs, which come packed with the Chrome gadgets.
- Fast Processing: Users across the globe have firmly stated that Chromebook or Chromebox are fast in comparison to other contemporary hi-tech devices. In an average, the device startup, completely, in 8 seconds in spite of having an ill-extension installed in the system. On having a Chromebook, there won’t be any added delay due to device starting up.
- Secure and Reliable: There’s no debate on the fact that Chrome based computers are extremely secure in comparison to devices running on other OSs. According to experts and multiple tech savvy, ChromeOS is absolutely a game changer. It doesn’t get affected with virus, malware, worms and Trojan, easily, as the situation has been with traditional operating systems.
- Portable and Enduring: Chromebox or Chromebook comes with either 2GB RAM or 4GB RAM. Though both are good for your child, it’s better to spend a little more and get the one with 4GB RAM. The later has more life and evidently, faster than the other. If portability is a concern, try to buy Chromebox for your child as it can be transported to destinations on requirement.
#Advice 2: Install Web Filtering tools as Supported in The Device
Students, frequently, need the internet for researching, attending online courses or for gaining any sort of knowledge. They visit random websites for that purpose and as a result, chances of malware attack increases. Subsequently, the home computer becomes slow and other sever problems arise. Suppose, your child want to consult with an online expert and the device has entered not-working phase with a BSOD.
Being a responsible parent, you must install an antivirus in the system in order to protect the operating system. If you have brought Chromebook or Chromebox, then there’s no need as it comes with in-built antivirus protection, but, for others, you need one. With variety of companies offering multiple versions, it is hard to find a reliable one. Listed are the antivirus software that have topped the chart in 2018 –
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus
- Avira Antivirus for Mac
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Sophos Antivirus for Mac
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac
- Intego Mac Internet Security X9
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
- Norton Security for Mac
Aforementioned antiviruses work efficiently for both Mac and Windows home computer, depending on their compatibility. Analysis says, all the above software score 9 out 10 in virus detection capability test. Though a few from the list are expensive, but most of the software are cost-effective and widely available in the internet.
The two of the above advices are vital if your children are students or pursuing higher studies. Open the world of advancements, so that, the process of education seems easier and enjoying to them. In today’s date, e-learning has reached its zenith with latest inventions by big brands. Try to avail as much possible to walk hand-in-hand with rest of the world. But, before everything else, you need a suitable home computer at your place and this blogs aids you in configuring the right one!